torsdag 16. desember 2010

From homebody to thrifting queen ...

Did you follow the show Monk? Then you probably saw that episode where his brother had been in the house for 20 years (if I remember correctly) without ever leaving? That has been me for the past few week or so. I have barely left the apartment, except for evening strolls with my sister. I have spent most my time  playing housewife, catching up on lost sleep, trying to get a head-start on next terms assignments, reading books and blogs and watching TV.

 So yesterday I decided enough with the hibernation already! I met up with a friend for some hot chocolate and coffee at a nearby cafe and followed by some window-shopping. And today I went out to get some wool for my sister and I to crochet with. On the way back I stopped by a thrift store. My plan had been to pick this beautiful vintage tweed blazer that I saw there a couple of days ago, but sadly it was gone. With a heavy heart (and empty hands) I began to make my way out of the store. Then I spotted a pretty deep purple coloured v-neck sweater. Purple is my colour, I can rarely walk away from purple items. Right across, on the opposite rack, was this lovely little brown vest. I picked the two items up and  headed for the counter, feeling quite content. Then I spotted this pretty red cardigan with lovely silver hooks. It's been pretty chilly out and I could imagine that it would keep me snug and warm. And the bright colour would cheer me right up on gloomy winter and autumn days. It would be a crime to leave it in the shop. Long story short:



Note: tip of rainbow coloured sock. Totally did that on purpose. Alright. I'm off to bed.

G'night!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar